Monday, October 4, 2010

Disney Songs

What is about disney songs that keeps me coming back for more? Though you may be doubtful,  as I am writing this, Disney's Aladdin plays exotically in the background... "Where they cut off your ear if they don't like your face. It's barbaric but hey, it's home!"Man, what a line! Where else can you find this mixture of childish charm and wit? Is this some sort of obsession? My roommates and I have daily dance parties to the Jungle Book and bake to the melodious sounds of princesses.
I like to think that perhaps Disney songs remind me of a simpler time. A time when the weak overcame the strong- when good triumphed over evil. A time when my parents were there to protect me. I miss those days. I miss the easiness of young life. I think of  my little sisters now, completely enveloped and sheltered at home. I envy them.  Though I realize life is about growing up, I didn't think it would come so fast. My obsession with disney songs is a manifestation of that reluctance. I don't want to grow up. I want to be a child forever, like Peter Pan in Neverland! But alas, that is not reality. And though dreams can come true, I simply have to grow up. But that doesn't mean I can't keep the child in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment